Church Motion Graphics recently posted a great article on how to properly set up your computer to run Sunday morning media. Trust me—these ten guidelines will make a huge difference in the performance of your machine and will keep you looking professional. I’ve had more than a few goofs in front of a large crowd because of some of the issues that these tweaks will save you from. So whether you’re running ProPresenter, EasyWorship, MediaShout, or PowerPoint, these tricks will save you a few headaches.
- Turn off all system sounds
- Change your desktop wallpaper to solid black
- Install all software updates and confirm you have the latest hardware drivers
- Remove all unnecessary software and startup programs
- Install more RAM
- Free up your hard drive space
- Disable your screen saver and power saving modes
- Disable all hot corners
- Disable all notifications and popups
- Clean the fans in your computer
Check out the full article for more information on each of these great tweaks!